Wednesday 30 January 2013

Business & Pleasure


Ladies, here's a recent creation I made for Dani Colorado over at the Haven.  I love pressing this girl's hot buttons, so I always put on my devious mistress cap when I start writing for her.  This is a good representation of two things I think make current captions great:

1. The majority of the caption is dialogue.  For some reason, having two characters speak to one another seems to make the caption more real.  Or maybe that's just me.  Inner thoughts work very well too.

2. I never say what the method of change was.  I like doing this for a couple reasons.  First of all, it allows the reader to decide what it could be--an MAU, something from SRU, Medallion of Zulo, Magic Remote, etc.  Point is it let's the reader get what they want out of the caption.  Which is my second point; a lot of havenettes in the trading gallery have some specifics about what styles of transformation they like.  Letting you pick the style within the caption means it will work for you.  The only disadvantage to this form of writing I can think of is for those who like descriptive changes. 

Do you agree or disagree?  Leave your comment below!