Thursday 21 March 2013

Lucid Dreaming

Well, hello there, my dears.  =)

I know this is all for fun, but I do feel like I still owe those of you who read the blog a bit of an explanation, so I'll try to make this succinct:  last week, around Tuesday or so, I woke up very, very sick.  (No gory details necessary or requested, I'm sure.)  I spent several days in this state, and by the time the weekend rolled around, my energy for everything was gone, with no exception for capping.

As it started to return though, I found myself unable to lock down an interest in any pics or concepts--it's like the fire was just drawn right out of me.  Honestly, it's strange, but it was embarrassing to me, and so I got kind of reclusive there for a few days, observing but not responding.  It's only today that I've found myself with both a picture and a caption idea in mind, and I jumped on the chance to act on it.

With all of that said, I've decided that adhering to any kind of update regimen, even self-implemented, is probably not the best idea for me.  In reality, I'm married and very busy in my professional life, and my spouse does not know about my blog (nor do my co-workers, obviously.)  I'd never said it aloud, but I was shooting for at least one or two captions a day before--unfortunately, that seems like an unattainable goal for the time being, especially for the types of captions I want to produce.

I'm always glad to take requests, but for me, the picture really has to speak to me as something I can cap with a unique sequence.  Admittedly, this is a big part of why I've been so hesitant to get too involved at the Haven.  It's a very nice place, and I don't begrudge anyone who enjoys it as such, but I just don't think the "cap me, I'll cap you back" style is for me.

The tl;dr version of this is that I was very sick, had a bit of a crisis of TG cap faith, and now I'm back on my terms.  I'll be updating the blog as often as I see fit with work in which I take pride, and I sincerely thank all of you who continue to read this little corner of the Internet I've carved out for myself.  =)

Now, to less seriousness!  Here's the cap that got me going once again--both a beautiful girl AND a story that I really enjoy, and I hope you will as well!  ;)